Sunday, July 17, 2011

Somber

Sometimes, I sound dark and gloomy and depressed when I blog. Please, allow me to redeem the murkiness of my soul. Yes, a small portion of me is solemn. But, the majority of my soul is joyful, jovial, and rapturous.

I can't even tell you how much I savor simply being alive. Every day holds extraordinary possibility, and I relish that potential. I love life.

1. I love the contrast of extreme dry heat and uninterrupted sun verse cool, clear water. I love striding the line between the two.

2. I love full moons in starry skies. I love when I wake up in the middle of the night and a patch of moonlight lies on my floor. I curl up in the whiteness and stare at the moon until I fall asleep.

3. I love being barefoot. I love the freedom I feel when my feet experience raw ground.

4. I love laughing until I can't make a sound. I like it when my stomach is sore the next day.

5. I love it when people smile at me for no reason at all.

6. I love it when I'm reading and suddenly things start to click, so I write furiously and read some more and write, and then stop and think. And it all starts to make sense, and I read and I write and I think, and the more I do this, the more excited I become. I feel bigger, stronger, and more complete for what I've come to know, even if it is a realization of how little I matter-- because I know it.

7. I love food. I love eating. I love tasting something and distinguishing flavors while enjoying the dish as a whole. Food is an experience.

8. I love being loved. It is a rare feeling. I mean, I feel liked often. But, there are only a few moments where I've known and felt the mutual love between me and one other soul. And we both just knew. And it was beautiful.

9. I love solitude. I love taking hikes alone and observing the beauty of the earth and it's inhabitants.

10. I love people: their goals their dreams and idiosyncrisies. I am intriged by their infinitely diverse patterns of thought and philosophies about their lives and about the universe.


1 comment:

  1. this is so good. and i feel enlightened, thank you. i love calling you my cousin.

    ReplyDelete